Holding Nuts - open source poker game client and server texas hold em

Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New registrations have been disabled due to massive spamming.

#1 2010-06-14 12:51:57

csganja

A question.

Hi all... Can i open source codes with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition?
Or what editor / compiler can i use?

10x in advance...

#2 2010-06-14 16:01:12

datag
Developer
Website

Re: A question.

Hi csganja,

the only supported compiler suite is gcc. On Windows you can use MinGW. This is explained on http://wiki.holdingnuts.net/hacking#com … on_windows

In a very early state of development I ported the sources for compiling with MS VC++ 2008 Express. There were several things to fix in order to compile cleanly. The current version is very unlikely to compile without any customization.

So you're better off building with MinGW32.

#3 2010-06-15 13:41:57

csganja

QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUND

Where can i find qmake?

#4 2010-06-15 14:33:54

csganja

using rc resource compiler
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1177 (MESSAGE):
  Qt qmake not found!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/client/CMakeLists.txt:43 (Find_Package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

What i must to do?

#5 2010-06-15 16:20:42

datag
Developer
Website

csganja wrote:

using rc resource compiler

Do you mean the VC resource compiler (rc.exe) or the Windows resource compiler (windres.exe)? rc.exe is not yet supported. It should work though, but the resulting executable holdingnuts.exe won't have an app-icon.

I STRONGLY recommend building with gcc/MinGW32. Building with VC++ surely needs several tweeks to compile/build.

csganja wrote:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1177 (MESSAGE):
  Qt qmake not found!

qmake is the build-tool used by the Qt-framework and is part of Qt4 SDK. So you first need to install the Qt4 SDK (follow link on the wiki-page).

In the paragraph "These steps are needed for both variants (MingGW and Visual Studio)" the wiki says:

Code:

check the configure-values. If a tool is not found, specify its path (e.g. windres.exe, qmake.exe)

You either need to set your environment variable PATH and include the directory which includes qmake, or you use the cmake-GUI-tool and specify it manually.

Compiling on windows is a hard job! You may consider building on Linux if this is an option for you.

By the way: You may have a look at the page http://wiki.holdingnuts.net/devel:setup#partial_build , too. This allows to turn specific features on/off for testing.

Board footer