Holding Nuts - open source poker game client and server texas hold em

Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New registrations have been disabled due to massive spamming.

#1 2009-11-15 00:00:36

datag
Developer
Website

1st project anniversary

Hooray, today is the 1st anniversary of HoldingNuts!

It took only a few month to implement a playable client server poker system (currently supporting Texas Hold'em No Limit Sit and Go). In its first year of development there were 4 releases, latest stable version is 0.0.5.

Unfortunately progress stagnated for a while as all members are somewhat busy. There are nice changes in the current development branch such as graphical chip stakes and a minimalistic ranking system. We would like to read your suggestions for the next release in the comments.

Thanks for all the good games on the public server!

#2 2009-11-17 17:25:54

sfts

Re: 1st project anniversary

Will be in next release "Tournament system"?
And connect user with some as mysql database for stats - chips, hands (ranks) etc. ?

Sry for my bad eng .-)
Thx

#3 2009-11-18 14:18:03

datag
Developer
Website

sfts wrote:

Will be in next release "Tournament system"?

What do you mean with tournament system? If you mean a game which consists of multiple games I doubt it will be in the very next release. But this feature is planned and will be implemented some time.

sfts wrote:

And connect user with some as mysql database for stats - chips, hands (ranks) etc. ?

Simple stats could be held at runtime (that's planned, too). If the stats should be persistent, they need to be associated with an "account", which would need a login-system. Good idea, I'll keep that in mind!

#4 2009-11-19 20:12:06

ghostface
Developer
Website

Happy birthday!! thumbs_upcool

#5 2009-11-20 20:22:19

sfts

datag wrote:

What do you mean with tournament system? If you mean a game which consists of multiple games I doubt it will be in the very next release. But this feature is planned and will be implemented some time.

Yes, i thought multiple games. If you sometimes play tournament on paradise poker, just like that.

datag wrote:

If the stats should be persistent, they need to be associated with an "account", which would need a login-system. Good idea, I'll keep that in mind!

Yes, just simple php & mysql "account system" :-)

thx & sry for my bad eng smile

#6 2009-12-01 14:28:23

radecp
Website

Congratulations.
Very good job what they are doing.
Hoping that in future versions to implement the option MTT. This would be great to organize tournaments with many more players.

Furthermore I understand that the user: donflopez, is doing the translation to Spanish, I hope you still follow it, otherwise I would be happy to do so in the least possible time.

According to what I understand. in a few months we will implement a new client / server system?

Greetings

Last edited by radecp (2009-12-01 15:48:28)

#7 2009-12-01 22:19:16

datag
Developer
Website

Hi radecp,

radecp wrote:

Furthermore I understand that the user: donflopez, is doing the translation to Spanish, I hope you still follow it, otherwise I would be happy to do so in the least possible time.

Thanks for your help offer. At the current state it doesn't make sense to localize any strings in the client. However, I would write you two via email if the interface is ready for a new translation. Besides: If you want to you could do a translation of 0.0.5 and I'll provide a download link for that on the website. There's an open option for having a very last 0.0.x release - in this case the translation would be included (as well as pending Russian). If you're interested, drop me a mail and I'll send you the latest translation template.

radecp wrote:

According to what I understand. in a few months we will implement a new client / server system?

Yes and no: There's a bigger refactoring in progress so there will be a new client/server system. However, as I've got very limited time at the moment it's unlikely to appear soon... can't say when.

#8 2009-12-02 13:46:49

radecp
Website

Hi datag:

I just send an email, I am waiting for the last template to start with the translation.

Greetings.

#9 2010-11-04 16:28:55

vieira.es
Website

Hello DATAG,

cogratulations for teh 1st aniversary... hot can i translate for portuguese... what are the files to modification... thanks and again, congratulations.

smile

#10 2010-11-04 17:14:02

datag
Developer
Website

Thanks vieira.es,

vieira.es wrote:

can i translate for portuguese... what are the files to modification...

You can find the translation template here:
http://download.holdingnuts.net/tmp/hn- … emplate.ts

You need to rename the file to ''hn_pt.ts" and edit the ''xx_XX'' in the file to ''pt_PT''.

For a HOWTO see:
http://wiki.holdingnuts.net/devel:translations

Please avoid using a normal text editor. The Qt-Linguist is the best tool for editing.

Board footer